If you have trouble getting heat this winter, follow this checklist. After each step, listen to hear if the burner goes on.
- Check the heating system switches to make sure they are on. They’re red. One is probably located in a closet or stairwell. The other is probably near the heating unit.
- Check the oil tank. Is it empty or below 1/8 full?
- Check the thermostat. Is it set above room temperature, or to “heat”?
- Check the unit’s fuses or circuit breaker.
- Press the reset button on the burner relay once only. If you don’t know where it’s located, call us.
- If the unit comes on and stays on, great. If it kicks on for about 90 seconds and then quits, or if it doesn’t start at all, call us.